Armed with tenacity and compassion, in 1889 Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini arrived in New York City on a mission to minister to the thousands of Italian immigrants inhabiting the City’s Lower East Side. Decades later, this Patroness of Immigrants’ ministry continues to flourish, through Cabrini Immigrant Services.
Sponsored by Cabrini of Westchester, Cabrini Immigrant Services has been providing Immigrants with a haven of support, empowerment and service in the heart of Dobbs Ferry since 1998.
What We Do
Cabrini Immigrant Services is committed to serving the needs of immigrants and their families in a safe and welcoming environment.
Instruction for Students of All Levels:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Literacy Promotion
- One-On-One, Small Group Learning
- Committed Instructors
- Mentoring Relationships
- Citizenship Exam preparation
Supportive Services and Referrals
Cabrini Immigrant Services is committed to:
- Supporting immigrant families facing isolation because of language, legal status, and separation from family and home country
- Working with school age students of immigrant families to access available opportunities, improve student achievement and encourage parental involvement in the educational process
- Teaming with local resources to provide services and support through community partnerships, health care and social services referrals, screenings and preventative care, job skills assistance, advocacy, empowerment, enculturation, parenting and life skills programs
- Referrals to legal assistance/immigrant attorneys
- Assistance with completing DSS forms. passport applications and employment applications
Making a Difference
Cabrini Immigrant Services relies on volunteer services, philanthropic support and community advocacy efforts.
To learn how you can make a difference or for more information please call: 914-674-1937.