In conjunction with Dialyze Direct, Cabrini’s Dialysis Program will allow residents of the nursing home to receive dialysis on-site and eliminate the need for transportation to other locations. The program will serve only residents and short-term patients of Cabrini of Westchester with a goal of improving the quality of life for those who need this service.
- Treatment is performed by experienced, highly trained professionals using state-of-the-art dialysis technology and is personalized to ensure residents achieve the best possible health outcomes.
- The suite will accommodate a total of 8 patients daily under the supervision of a registered nurse with special training.
- Treatments will be given five days a week for an average of 2 ½ hours.
- Traditional in-center dialysis care can be time consuming. By receiving dialysis in Cabrini’s on-site dialysis den, travel and recovery time are reduced allowing residents to maintain regular schedules that include meal times, daily activities and rehabilitation.
- Benefits of shorter and more frequent dialysis sessions have been shown to reduce blood pressure, decrease medications, reduce stress on the heart, increase fluid removal and improve anemia management.
For more information click here or contact the Admissions Office at (914) 693-6800 ext. 527.