Short Term Rehabilitation - Westchester
From the moment you arrive, our focus is on getting you home.
Cabrini of Westchester’s Short Term Rehabilitation/Sub Acute Care Program is dedicated to restoring mobility and maximizing the independence of individuals recovering from surgeries or coping with the effects of chronic and disabling illnesses and injuries. Committed to optimal outcomes and returning individuals home once their goals are met, Cabrini’s of Westchester’s Short Term Rehabilitation Program offers a comprehensive approach to treatment in a state of the art facility provided by a professional team of clinicians with expertise in Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy.
Cabrini’s Short Term Rehabilitation Services Includes:
- Full-Time Medical Director with Added Qualifications in Geriatrics
- On-Site Medical Supervision by Attending Physicians
- On-Site Nurse Practitioner
- Physician-Led Orthopedic Rounds
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Board Certified Swallowing Specialist
- Dedicated, Highly Professional Nursing Staff
- Certified Wound Care Team
- VAC Therapy
- Prosthetic, Orthotic and Custom-Made Splint Services Available
- Psychology Services
- Access to Other Medical Specialists as Necessary
Education for Patient and Family/ Caregiver Includes:
- Interdisciplinary Team Meetings with Patient, Family/Caregiver
- Home Exercise Program
- Safe Use of Equipment
- Nutrition and Diet
- Medication Routine
- Instructions for Care at Home
- Safety in the Kitchen
- Recommendations for Home Modifications
An environment of warmth and hospitality, Cabrini’s 45-bed designated Short Term/Sub Acute Unit offers spacious and comfortable patient rooms. Cabrini of Westchester’s beautiful grounds and balconies are also ideal spots to absorb the majestic Hudson River with family and friends, who are always welcome and encouraged to visit.
Some of the Amenities Include:
- On-Site Chapel
- Daily Catholic Mass and Other Faith Services
- Therapeutic Recreation Activities
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- Scenic Hudson River Views
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Gift Shop and Coffee Shop
- Bird Aviary
- Internet Accessibility
- In-Room Cable Television and Telephone
Patients may choose to continue to receive care upon returning home through one of Cabrini’s home care services.
For more information please call: 914-693-6800 x527.
Joan Surnamer, Patient, with Imee Garcia, who has been a Physical Therapist at Cabrini for over 13 years. Imee says, “I love seeing patients achieve their rehabilitation goals and go home. It gives me a feeling of fulfillment that I was able to restore someone’s confidence and motivate them after they may have almost given up.”